Tuesday 2 August 2011



TWO SCRAPED KNEES, ONE BITTEN LIP, ONE SKINNED FINGER, SKID MARK KNICKERS, GRIME MOISTENED WITH SWEAT IN EVERY LITTLE CREVICE, PACKED LUNCH ALMOST UNTOUCHED, EVEN THE DRINK.

She is the littlest there and the older children are rough and tumble types, even I can tell that when I breeze in to pick her up. I said to her ( having talked to the staff) "if you want anything, to go to the loo, a drink, a hug, then you must ask the teachers." And guess what she did. She laughed right in my face. She thought I was very funny. Hilarious.

In what way am I rediculous? That's all I want to know. Am I rediculous because I talk about such silly irrelevant things? Or am I rediculous because she is in a terrible situation and she knows I am powerless to help?

Whichever way it is, here I am, work slut who can't say no to anyone, lying here seriously considering yet another week for her there over and above those she is already doing.

No comments: