Wednesday 3 August 2011

SHE'S ALL SET TO WIN IT IN 2030 OR SO

We were walking around my parents village looking at the shops:
"Mummy, do you know what I want to do when I grow up?"
"No..."
"I want to have a shop."
"Really?What will it sell?"
"Cards and pictures and pretty things."
I don't think anyone put the idea in her head- well, except they all play shopkeepers, I suppose. I'm all for the idea as I've always fancied having a shop like that too, maybe all girls do, but when I was just four and a half I don't think I even thought about being grown up let alone how I was going to earn a living when it happened. Good to see she is preparing. Maybe I should get in a financial advisor to start talking to her about her pension provision already...

Anyway, just for the record, when she is retailer of the year 2030 I would like it to be noted that she was dead set on this path right from four and a half.


No comments: