Wednesday 5 October 2011

LIMONCELLO OR RUM?


A friend of mine called me to tell me about a site full of great food for children. 
It is a paradise of recipes from Italy, the place where all children ( even the nasty smelly rude ones) are considered little putti. 

http://yummybambini.com

I particularly liked the choccy salami- X's fave foods being both chocolate and salami. And the write up made me smile: 


 salame al cioccolato


This fun no-cook chocolate recipe comes from a headmistress in Naples. She told me it’s a firm favourite at birthday parties. She should know. She has a family herself and has been a teacher for over 3 decades. I did a bit of a double take though when she sent me the recipe and I saw limoncello (lemon liqueur) on the list of ingredients. I called her up to check.  “Are you sure about limoncello for kids?” I asked
.“You don’t have to use it” she answered, “rum works just as well”. 

 

No comments: