Wednesday 26 October 2011




SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAS HAPPENED. 


Something of hers has fallen off. I couldn't be more devastated if it was a limb. She is thrilled, though worried that the tooth fairy might get the wrong room as she sleeps with me. I was too devastated to use it to my advantage and persuade her into her own bed. 


Does everyone feel like this about the first tooth? I had no idea.  It is just so sudden, even though the dentist had murmured something about wobbles happening soon I was in no way prepared. Is it because I had nice baby teeth and then great tombstones came through that have made every smile a misery ever since? It feels as if she has suddenly grown grey hair. She is mortal, and ageing. I am shouting at the waves but the sea is still coming in, just like that old king.

No comments: