Thursday 24 June 2010


WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR?

This is an often asked question in our house.

My favourite colour is yellow. And my three year olds is red.
I like the fact we like yellow and red because it reminds me of a conversation I had with my sister in 1962 when I settled on yellow as my favourite colour and she settled on red. We were sitting in the back seat of our two tone green Austin waiting for my mother who had nipped into the greengrocers on Bear Flat in Bath. We were looking at a poster for Birds custard with yellow custard on a red jam tart. I remember loving the way the yellow and red swirled together. Later my sister deserted red for green and I'm ashamed to say I then had a brief flirtation with purple- because it was Donny Osmond's favourite colour and then I deserted purple for brown because it was David Cassidy's top colour. This is Information that probably only a methusula mum would know or care about but I still have my purple suede mini skirt and hope that X will wear it one day soon. It's so tiny it won't be long before she's grown out of it- lengthwise anyway.












2 comments:

Imola said...

The image is amazing...it seems that the colour has been pouring out of the crayons...

Best!

Sparx said...

I remember when I moved to the UK in 1971 being backed against a wall by my new friends and forced to choose between Donny Osmond and David Cassidy. Knowing neither, I picked David and they all went 'eurgh!!!' so I switched. Secretly though, I always had a thing for David... it's the forbidden fruit that seems the sweetest!!!